Want to Create an Account?
Want to Create an Account?

Contact Us


Important Notice

Towngas recently received customer enquiries on suspicious gas bill. The alleged claim and embedded links have been found to be fraudulent. The matter has since been reported to the police. Please stay alert and do not click on any attachment or link contained in any email or message that appears suspicious. For enquiries, please call 2880 6988 or email towngas.cs@towngas.com
2023-11-28 13:00:00
Open / Close Account

Open / Close Account

Open Account

Opening a town gas account with us is easy. Just apply online at our Towngas eService Centre, or visit any of our Customer Centres and bring the proof of your address with you. You may also call our Customer Service Hotline at 2880 6988 to arrange. If a gas meter has already been installed in your new home and you wish to open a gas account, then we also need a copy of your property lease or purchase agreement from you.

If your home has already been connected with gas supply, you need only report the move-in meter reading to us. This will become the initial reading for your account.

You will need to pay a deposit of:
HK$300 - for residents in a public housing estate
HK$600 - for residents in a private housing development

Upon registration, we will present our Terms and Conditions for your retention. If necessary, we will arrange a technician to visit your home to connect the gas supply.  If you wish, you can download copies of our Terms and Conditions and Towngas Account Transfer Form in pdf file format.

Close Account

Closing your account and recovering your deposit is quick and easy.

If you would like to have your gas supply disconnected, please notify us at least two working days in advance. Our technicians will visit you on the day you specified to get the final gas meter reading and to proceed with the disconnection process.

You can make an appointment for disconnection online at our Towngas eService Centre. You may also visit any of our Customer Centres or call our Customer Service Hotline on 2880 6988 for the arrangement.

We need your account number, address, telephone number of the premises, plus a correspondence address and contact telephone number, so that we can send you the deposit refund and the final statement.

If you would like to have your gas appliances dismantled, please also provide us with the type and model of the appliances. For this, we charge a disconnection fee, and the amount will vary with the type of appliance.

You can download the Towngas Account Transfer Form in pdf file format here.

Deposit Refund

There is no need to send your deposit receipt to us. Your deposit will be applied against any outstanding balance due on your final statement, and we will send you the balance refund by cheque, together with the final statement.

If you would like to transfer your deposit to your new home (provided that there is no outstanding balance due on your old gas account), please inform us at the time of closing your old gas account and opening your new gas account.

If you choose to recieve your deposit refund through FPS (Faster Payment System), your deposit and credit balance below HKD$8,000 will be directly transferred via FPS to your bank account.

If you would like to collect your deposit refund in cash (limited to a maximum of HK$2,000), please inform us at the time of making your cap-off service appointment. You can visit our Customer Centres to collect the deposit two hours after we have disconnected your gas supply.


#Note: Deposits are not transferable to third parties

If you would like to apply for gas supply for new Residential Development Project or existing residential buildings, please browse our Business Customer webpage.