Every summer, Towngas will provide tertiary students with internship opportunities in Hong Kong and other locations where we operate. This year, Towngas has joined the Pilot Scheme on Corporate Summer Internship on the Mainland and Overseas (the Scheme) launched by The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
The Scheme is an initiative of the HKSAR Government in collaboration with Towngas and other major Hong Kong companies. It aims at providing quality internship places on the mainland and overseas for local tertiary students in the summer of 2018. With our diversified business portfolio and widespread locations in mainland China, Towngas will offer a total of 22 internship opportunities this summer, focusing on locations in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and along the route of the Belt-and-Road initiative.
The entire internship period shall last for 8 weeks, with at least 6 weeks of attachment to our project locations outside of Hong Kong. Students will be involved in various topical studies and projects covering a wide range of businesses and functions, and will be guided by experienced mentors on their designated assignments. At the end of the internship period, all students are required to share their project findings and learnings with their supervisors and management team.
We welcome students from various disciplines who meet our requirements to apply to the Scheme. For a list of our internship projects, please check out our "Project Opportunities" below.
- - Holder of valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Cards;
- - Undergraduate students in Year 2 or above or postgraduate students;
- - Proficient in MS office
- - A team player with good analytical skill and communication skills
- - Good attitude and able to work independently under pressure
- - Proficient in both written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English
- - Able to complete the whole internship period
Summer Internship Timeline
- - Application Period: From 16 March - 6 April 2018
- - Interview Period: April 2018
- - Offer of Internship: early May 2018
- - Internship period: From 3 July - 24 August 2018